Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Pink

i've got a stain on my forehead
and it looks a little pink
i think its from my lack of trust
or just my lack of sleep
or maybe its from all the socializing
i do with all these girls
all the talk all the time
that makes my head swirl

feminine mysticism
filling up my hours
allowing me to recognize
that women do have power

but maybe the pink
isn't from the women
who now have become my friends
maybe the stain is from the wall
that i keep banging my head

see i want to be alone
yet i don't want to be lonely
so i sabatoge my days
with trying to be phoney

and it works
and i'm hurt
when i could be celebrating
that pink, yes pink,
looks pretty good on me

i'm pretty sure this poem makes sense to only me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean by that poem; I think. Sometimes, tho, you artists are tuff nuts to crack. Always let God lead your way, I'm starting to learn that's always for the best. With much missing and prayer.

Anonymous said...

You poets and artists with all your symbolism and stuff, ;) I hope the pink house is treating you well, you are missed so much here by so many people. Keep the art alive and strong! God bless